Friday, January 7, 2011

PicNapped

Hubby is home! I truly tried to stay awake and wait for his midnight arrival, but even Mary Tyler Moore:the Seventh Season couldn't keep these peepers open. The whole time the mister was gone, I went to bed at 9:30! I live in the fast lane, friends. So, as usual, his gentle hello sent me flying and calling out in confusion. I spook easily, which is funny sometimes. Just not at midnight when I think I'm alone! Either way I was so happy to have him home, safe with us!

Anyway, while hubby was away, I took some time to print some 8x10's of some of my favorite nature shots around here. I have a beautiful early morning shot of bare trees against a pink sky. It just says "GOD" all over it! So, as I printed fall trees in orange splendor, crabtrees in full springtime bloom, and a winter tree covered in fresh snow, I got all inspired. I had all these plans to frame them and arrange them in a typical Michigan seasonal order. I would take down some of my more impersonal art and replace it with my own! I was picturing it in every room and suddenly I was ready to wallpaper with my favorite pics!

Well, this morning I pulled out the photos and showed them to Steve. I pulled out the winter tree..."Cool...can I have it?" "Uh, sure", I said, knowing his office is his personal gallery of happy pictures of us and our property. I pulled out the fall tree..."Wow...can I have it?" "Uh, yeah" I said, seeing the pattern developing before me. I showed him the fall canopy with the sun shining through it...yup, "Wow, can I have that too?" Needless to say, he took every picture except for one to his office for framing.

It really is okay with me. His workspace has always been an inspiring place for him to work. He is surrounded by pictures of all of us, every silly singing toy the kids got him when they were little, and a frame with interchangeable Bible verses that I made him one Christmas. I think he may even have one plant, which I think gets a daily drink of Diet Pepsi.

Are you wondering about that photo he didn't want? It was of the four of us, our hands each holding a home grown honeycrisp apple with one bite taken out of each. We had just picked them off our tree, the first of the crop, which yielded only 4 beautiful shiny perfect red apples. Symbolic? We thought so too, so I snapped away! I will frame it and place it in the kitchen to remind us of many fruitful crops to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...