Monday, January 31, 2011

A Smattering of Stuff

Are you gearing up for the big storm? Well, you are if you live around here! My dear friend, Patty called me this morning just to tell me how excited she was that her area may see up to 15" of the white stuff! The girl is crazy, I tell you. However, she spent many years living in Missouri, where an inch or two of snow closed schools for 2 days! She loves living near Lake Michigan where lake effect snow is abundant. I still say she's nuts. I can't enjoy snow storms the same way as when I was a kid. Now I worry about getting stuck, sliding off the road, falling, and losing power. Add to that 2 bored kids with a day off school and it can get ugly in a hurry! Truly, I hope we do get enough to close school for a couple of days.....I could really use a break!

Serena's fever spiked again last night, leaving me quite worried. She first got sick last Monday, and had been up and down with it ever since. So this morning I called the doc to see what we could do to help her. She was diagnosed with walking pneumonia, which explains the strange on again off again fever and sporadic cough. So, she's home until Thursday again this week. I'm hoping a couple of snow days will help to ward off tons of homework! She has a nice strong antibiotic and an inhaler, so I'm hoping she feels better soon.

So, I have missed 2 of Natalie's recent basketball games to be home with Serena. Daddy says she's been playing very well. They sure have a good team again this year! Serena will be missing her games this weekend, but because Daddy's coaching, we'll probably go and support the girls. They are really missing Serena's height! Oh, and Daddy will also be playing on a basketball team this winter. Now this I gotta see! :)

Over the next couple of weeks, I will be (Good Lord willing)finally painting Natalie's bedroom! She is turning 13 soon, and I told her I'd really try to get it done. She picked out a really beautiful color and comforter, all kind of a vintage-y style! She really wants a crystal chandelier, but wow, that's kind of expensive! We're going for a french chic boutique sort of vibe in there. She loves art, fashion, music, foreign language, and antiques. I am in heaven with this project! I promised her a trip to an antique store and she's pumped! She has already painted a canvas for her new room and it looks great.

Well, as we prepare to welcome (tolerate) the winter storm coming, I will be hunkering down with a new book. I have the new book, The 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno. It doesn't sound like your typical fad diet book. I hope to learn some new things. Doc Phil has been featuring the book and results on his show, and it sounds interesting. We'll see...every diet has it's challenges! For one, the dieter involved!

So, that's the news for now. Stay warm and safe the next few days if you're a Michigander like me. If you're in Hawaii like my parents' neighbors, well, then I'm sooooo jealous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words Matter. Choose them carefully.

Fire Challenge #1 Awakening

  I'm jumping back in again this week because I'm doing a new thing! I've begun a series of "fire challenges" created ...